Employees recognized for Years of Service in the August 2016 BOC Meeting
The following Pickens County employees were recognized for their years of service:
Pickens Sheriff’s Office
R. Shane Padgett ~ 20 Years
Dana Waller ~ 10 Years
Marcelle Young ~ 10 Years
On July 11, Planning Commission recommended approval of the following text amendment language regarding Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges. The Board of Commissioners will review the matter and possibly vote on it during their September 15th meeting at 5:30 PM in the Commissioner’s meeting room.
Sec. 67-4. Definitions.
No definition for this specific use
Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges: Any facilities where outdoor firing of firearms is performed on a commercial basis (i.e., requires a fee or membership), including but not limited to target practice, skeet and trap shooting, mock war games, and temporary competitions.
This general use includes shooting ranges – may need to take out that specific use
Commercial recreational facility, outdoor: A use of land and/or buildings that involves the provision of sports and leisure activities to the general public for a fee, including but not limited to the following: stadiums, amphitheaters, circuses and carnivals, fairgrounds, drive-in theaters, golf driving ranges, miniature golf courses, batting cages, race tracks for animals or motor-driven vehicles, turkey shoots, trout ponds, equestrian centers and horse and pony riding rinks, botanical and zoological gardens, recreational vehicle parks, ultra-light flight parks, and bungee jumping. A golf course and private club that is built as part of a single-family residential subdivision and that operates in a quasi-public manner is not considered to be an outdoor commercial recreational facility.
Sec. 67-8. Table 6-1-1 Permitted and Conditional Uses by Land Use Intensity District
Sec. 67-10.11. Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges – Special requirements.
1. Minimum undisturbed buffer of at least 500 feet shall be required along property lines adjacent to and/or abutting residential use properties and/or residential land use districts.
2. Area where firing activity takes place shall be at least 500 feet from all property lines.
3. Applicant shall list proposed hours of operation as part of the Conditional use application.
4. Protective natural or artificial barriers must be provided to prevent bullets, shells, or pellets from travelling to human-occupied areas.
5. Applicant shall provide a copy of liability insurance as part of the Conditional use application.
Election Qualifying Fees for 2016
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-131; the governing authority has set qualifying fees for County Offices to be filled in the 2016 Election.
Board of Commissioners:
District 2 (East) $ 306.00
Tax Commissioner $1,591.05
Clerk of Court $1,591.05
Probate Judge $1,591.05
Magistrate Judge $1,591.05
Coroner $ 401.35
Board of Education $ 50.00