Employees recognized for Years of Service in the April 2016 BOC Meeting
The following Pickens County employees were recognized for their years of service:
Clerk of Court
Jennifer Jordan ~ 20 Years
Betty Jones ~ 20 Years (pictured)
John Nicholson ~ 10 Years
Angela Allen ~ 10 Years
Barbara Bryant ~ 10 Years
On July 11, Planning Commission recommended approval of the following text amendment language regarding Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges. The Board of Commissioners will review the matter and possibly vote on it during their August 18th meeting at 5:30 PM in the Commissioner’s meeting room.
Sec. 67-4. Definitions.
Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges: Any facilities where outdoor firing of firearms is performed on a commercial basis (i.e., requires a fee or membership), including but not limited to target practice, skeet and trap shooting, mock war games, and temporary competitions.
Sec. 67-8. Table 6-1-1 Permitted and Conditional Uses by Land Use Intensity District
Sec. 67-10.11. Commercial outdoor firing/shooting ranges – Special requirements.
1. Minimum undisturbed buffer of at least 500 feet shall be required along property lines adjacent to and/or abutting residential use properties and/or residential land use districts.
2. Area where firing activity takes place shall be at least 500 feet from all property lines.
3. Applicant shall list proposed hours of operation as part of the Conditional use application.
4. Protective natural or artificial barriers must be provided to prevent bullets, shells, or pellets from travelling to human-occupied areas.
5. Applicant shall provide a copy of liability insurance as part of the Conditional use application.
Election Qualifying Fees for 2016
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 21-2-131; the governing authority has set qualifying fees for County Offices to be filled in the 2016 Election.
Board of Commissioners:
District 2 (East) $ 306.00
Tax Commissioner $1,591.05
Clerk of Court $1,591.05
Probate Judge $1,591.05
Magistrate Judge $1,591.05
Coroner $ 401.35
Board of Education $ 50.00